Price difference between Wehrmacht And civil nz 350

Basic info on DKW NZ 350's

Moderator: Mods

snafu
Novize

Price difference between Wehrmacht And civil nz 350

Post by snafu » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:57 pm

Hey guys,

I'm a rooky within the motorcycle scene.
I'll Love to own my own bike soon bit there are many traps within this Area i suposse.
Main concern is that i buy a civil nz350 and as im a Military collector, this is not An option.
How can I Tell the differences between a civil An Wehrmacht bike from 1939 or 1940?
What is the price differences between a Military And civil one.
Are there many civil ones disguesed as Wehrmacht bikes?

Thanks you very much for this info.

Grtz
DARIVS
Assistant Mechanic
Assistant Mechanic

Re: Price difference between Wehrmacht And civil nz 350

Post by DARIVS » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:30 pm

snafu wrote:Hey guys,

I'm a rooky within the motorcycle scene.
I'll Love to own my own bike soon bit there are many traps within this Area i suposse.
Main concern is that i buy a civil nz350 and as im a Military collector, this is not An option.
How can I Tell the differences between a civil An Wehrmacht bike from 1939 or 1940?
What is the price differences between a Military And civil one.
Are there many civil ones disguised as Wehrmacht bikes?

Thanks you very much for this info.

Grtz
As an owner of a 1944 Wehrmacht NZ-350/1, the price of a Wehrmacht bike is around $12000.00 US fully restored, but that price varies, since a scarce item of any kind is only worth what someone is willing to pay. A civilian version may cost a bit less, but how much is difficult to tell. The only indication is what recent sales can tell. There are only 5 military NZ-350/1 bikes in the USA that I am aware of, all of them working. I know of at least one NZ-350 (featuring the art-deco style front fender) out there. Military NZ-350's have VIN numbers starting at VIN 595200, so you can check an bike's origin with that. I wish I could be of more help.
martdapp
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

Re: Price difference between Wehrmacht And civil nz 350

Post by martdapp » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:30 pm

That are US-prices.
A NZ 250 is the cheapest. The NZ 350 WH is cheaper then a 350/43, and a NZ350-1 seems to be te the most expensive. The NZ 500 has the highest price.
But there are many differences in prices between; Civil and Militairy.
Patina or restaurated. Is the restauration correclty done? does the NZ has all original parts or are there repro-parts anno 2017 or ISH-parts mounted?
The prices in Europe are much lower then in the US.

Regards,
Martin