Basic info on DKW NZ 350's

Moderator: Mods

stalker
Assistant Mechanic
Assistant Mechanic

Danish regulations on oldtimers

Post by stalker » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi,

Is there someone on this forum from Denmark? I will move there in August and I have a DKW NZ 250, which I was unable to legally use on te roads in my home country, since most of it's papers are missing (it was probably classified as scrap metal or who knows, before oldtimers started to be fashionable) and I only bought it with a sales contract. I know what it's license plate was before ~1990 and the central data records could supply me with some other data from their records, but because of privacy restrictions I could only contact the last registered owner via them. The letter come back and the owner could not be located (and the bureau will not try to figure out the owner's new address although it will only be one click for them :( ) and I have no options as of yet to get a license plate for the bike.

Are the regulations easier in Denmark? As I heard it is easier for oldtimer owners to get a license plate in Germany for example... It is more than likely impossible for such an old bike to have a vehicle license, so there has to be a country that gets less bureaucratic towards vintage bike owners. It may not be Denmark though. In that case I will just sell the motorbike or something.