Basic info on DKW NZ 350's

Moderator: Mods

thunderbolt
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Tracing my 1939 350NZ history

Post by thunderbolt » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:39 am

Hi all,

I am now researching the history of my bike. The previous French owner bought it in October 1994, prior to that it changed owners in 1969. I have now wrtten to the Ministry of Transport in France to trace the registration numbers and see if they can give me any names and addresses.

Is there anyway I can trace the numbers through German archives? I can only assume my bike was requisitioned by the Wehrmacht but I am not certain.

Also good news - my 350NZ fired up yesterday after ten years! :D not running properly yet, need to sort out the carburation.

Chris

by the way, how do I upload a photo for the website?
Nasenbär
Assistant Mechanic
Assistant Mechanic

Re: Tracing my 1939 350NZ history

Post by Nasenbär » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi,
it is almost impossible to find out anything about your NZ's service with the wehrmacht by frame numbers etc. When there are holes where bags, mudscraper etc. had been fixed, it was with the wehrmacht. When you find a stamped eagle symbol or WaA near the type plate, than it was even built for the wehrmacht from the beginning. Look for original paint fragments, was it built in Black or grey, was it overpainted sandcolour? Where there aluminium stripes on the Tank? It would be nice if we could see some photos :D
Matthias
thunderbolt
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Post by thunderbolt » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:20 pm

Thanks Matthias,

how do I upload the photos?

cheers,

Chris
martdapp
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

Post by martdapp » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:54 am

Look in your sending message beneeth on 'Datei-einnahme' - 'Blättern' and search you pictures. Max 3 jpg-pics not to big files. Whem you have the first pic, click on 'Datei hinzufügen'. The pic wil download then. Click in your message and put the cursor where you would place your pic. Click then on 'Beitrag anzeigen' and your pic is in the message. Do the same with evt. other 3 pic's. When it doesn't function, make the files smaller.
Martin