Correct Year for NZ-1

Basic info on DKW NZ 350's

Moderator: Mods

Paul
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Correct Year for NZ-1

Post by Paul » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:22 am

Hi all, I was looking over the nz/nz-1 database on the website and noticed that my DKW is the very last one with highest serial number. From what I can tell it is really a 45' not a 44' as I thought. :? Am I correct in assuming this. Thanks for the advice. :)
Paul

1945 DKW NZ 350-1
thomas591
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by thomas591 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:28 pm

Hi Paul,

yes thats correct!

Questions like yours are one of the reasons we have started the database. Showing the data in a table makes it quite easy to check the data received for accuracy.
When you look closeley at the data you will find many questionable details. I am aware of that, but i decided to publish the data as received and that discuss these irregularities with the owner.

If you agree I will change the model year of your NZ350-1 to 1945.

Best regards

Thomas

P.S. Did you send me the carb? I have not received anything until today.
Paul
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Post by Paul » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:58 pm

Thomas sounds good to me, you can go ahead and change it to 45'. I guess it is a really late war production bike. I bought it in the Czech Republic while I was stationed in Germany back in 02', maybe thats as far as it made it East? :)

I have not been able to send the carb yet. I have recently been working on my 43' GPW Jeep and also planning the redeploymet of the Division this fall. I have been alittle busy, I'm sure you know what I mean. :D I'll try to get it out this next week.

Thanks

PS: I think I put this under the wrong topic, should it be moved to gerneral info? :?

Code: Select all

Moved to "General Discussion" forum. Nikola 29.06.
Paul

1945 DKW NZ 350-1
thomas591
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by thomas591 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:25 pm

Hi Paul,

the database was updated. I wish some more owners with inconsistend chassis-no/engine-no/Year would contact me.

Bye

Thomas