Two NZ - Parts with original camo two-tone painting

Basic info on DKW NZ 350's

Moderator: Mods

Arloff_NZ
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Two NZ - Parts with original camo two-tone painting

Post by Arloff_NZ » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:38 am

While searching for parts for my 350-1 I had the chance to examine the large sparepart stock of an old workshop in the west german rhineland. Hidden in heaps of parts (yes, he stores many parts in large heaps containing anything for motorbikes from the 20ies till the 60ies !!), which weren`t moved for years, I managed to find some NZ stuff which may be interesting for all those who want to paint their bike in a kind of camouflage painting.
Although small - a lamp housing from a /43 and the little handwheel for the fork damper - they show clearly that the dunkelgelb basecolour of the bikes they were mounted was overlayed whith a darkbrown and olive green camo sheme. The lamphousing - which originally seems to be produced for a civil Rt 125 as it was sprayed in silver as first layer of paint - shows that the camo was sprayed ... thanks to the overspray one can see that it was mounted on the NZ and not the RT as the shadow of the fork-like holder clearly can be seen until today... . The handwheel shows singns of a multiple painting as the green camo was overpainted in darkyellow and darkbrown...

As I didn`t have the chance to examine every heap at that occasion there may rest more of that stuff... I hope to recover more soon...

Regards,

Jens