New DKW NZ 350-1 owner

Basic info on DKW NZ 350's

Moderator: Mods

cudaman82
Novize

New DKW NZ 350-1 owner

Post by cudaman82 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:52 pm

Greetings!

I am about to be the owner of a nice 1943 DKW NZ 350-1 that I am currently buying from a guy out in California. From what I understand this is an original wartime bike that was restored by a previous owner over in Germany/Holland. It has the body number of 626787 and its manufacturers date is 01.01.1943. The whole transaction is still being handled and I should hopefully have this bike by late July. I look forward to exchanging stories and information on these beautiful german motorcycles!

Bis Spater,

Tim Neumann :D
Tim Neumann
thomas591
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by thomas591 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:02 pm

Hi Tim,

welcome to the forum. According to the DKW database this bike was owned by Ron Henton before. Is it the bike featured in the owners section of the NZ-homepage?
According to the frame no. the bike was build in 1944, my guess would be around late october /november that year. The engine should be build in very early january 1945.

It would be very interseting to see pictures of your bike and maybe you could check (see the pdf-file "How to identify my NZ" in the download section) the date on the cylinder base.

Best regards

Thomas
cudaman82
Novize

Post by cudaman82 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:30 pm

Thomas:

Yes, this is Ron Hentons bike. Its funny that you mention its a 1944 frame with a 1945 engine....as Ron listed it as a 1943 DKW. Either way, as long as its a wartime bike with a majority of wartime parts, then Im a happy camper. From what I can tell in the pictures, the bike seems to have most of the correct parts. The one thing I was told though is that the bike has a russian seat on it, which means Im sure that I have a few other ruskie parts on it as well :)
Tim Neumann
cudaman82
Novize

Post by cudaman82 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:49 pm

Another thing I found interesting about this motorcycle. It turns out before it was bought in Holland by Investment Bikes Limited, it came from Lower Saxony Germany...around the town of Papenburg. Im wondering if I have a late war motorcycle that was shipped to the front lines around that area, only to be "captured" shortly there after.
Tim Neumann