Clutch cable adjustment

Basic info on DKW NZ 350's

Moderator: Mods

thunderbolt
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Clutch cable adjustment

Post by thunderbolt » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:46 am

Kickstarter problems resolved, but I'm having difficulties adjusting the clutch cable. The clutch will only disengage with the adjuster fully wound in. I've tried repositioning the clutch cable on the actuating arm, but there is only so much movement before it doesn't wok at all.
Maybe I have wound in the clutch springs too much? I could not find the correct tension in the workshop manual.
Frank
SUPPORTER 2016
SUPPORTER 2016

Re: Clutch cable adjustment

Post by Frank » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:42 pm

Hi Chris,

Have you checked the 1/4" steel ball (pos. 18 in the image) is not missing between the clutch screw and the clutch rod (on the right side of the engine)?

The correct tightening on the pressure springs are: tighten the adjuster nuts so much that 1mm of the studs comes through the nut (1mm of the stud is visible on the outside).See image

//Frank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thunderbolt
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Re: Clutch cable adjustment

Post by thunderbolt » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:53 pm

As always, Frank, you are correct! I had lost the ball bearing. Replaced with a 1/4" ball and the clutch works perfectly! All we need now in UK is for it to stop raining so we can use our bikes! Many thanks, Chris