Gear shifting problem

Basic info on DKW NZ 350's

Moderator: Mods

Björn
Novize

Gear shifting problem

Post by Björn » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:40 pm

Hello,

I own a NZ350 and I can't get her into 4th gear.
I succeded once or twice, but most of the times the engin jumps inbetween 3rd and 4th (neutral) . I have tried to disconnect the hand shifter, to make shure it's not that lever that blocs, but without result.
Is there someone who has experienced the same problem, and is there a simple sollution without opening the entire engine?

Tnx

Bjorn
thomas591
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gear shifting problem

Post by thomas591 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:21 pm

Hi,

I am facing the same problem with my bike. Is there a difference when you use the handshifter?

Regards

Thomas
Björn
Novize

Post by Björn » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:11 pm

Hi,

no, I haven't tried shifting manually, for the lever tends to pull the gears out of place, I could try it though

does that work on your bike?

greets

Björn
flamsmidt
Novize

gear problems

Post by flamsmidt » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:42 pm

hi there folks i had the same problem when i overhauld my engine
it thook my a day to figur it out the spring that locks yhe gearrol {kurvenwalze} was to strong the spring pulls the kurvenwalze in the gear if you shift from 3e to 4e gear they go in on half the teeth the spring pulls it in complete is the spring broken or to strong it "jumps"back to 3e or in neutral between the gears mostly whit the sound of grinding teeth the only way to check of the spring is broken or to strong disasembly the gearbox cover greetings m.markerink