NZ 350-1 in Ebay

Basic info on DKW NZ 350's

Moderator: Mods

Wilhelm_Heidkamp
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Wilhelm_Heidkamp » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:11 pm

martdapp wrote:Welding the caphole to the other site is possible, I have such a tank. Then stays the fact that the hohle is to big for the NZ-1 petrol-cap as shown on the tank from the for sale NZ-1. I put in some pictures from my tank, it has indeed the older and wider caphohle and the holders for the knee-protectors. And also the old wire for the petroltap. But why and for what reason did they/some-one do that?
Same reason as for using an early cylinder on a bike:

The early tank were produced 6 years, the later one just a year. It is even more difficult to find a late one, so many restorators seem to use the early one, with some modifications. That they keep the knee protectors is in my opinion just the result of bad research. The tank is NZ, and they keep them, ignoring that the late NZ does not have them.

The cap diameter is easy to change, you just need a second tank from a modern bike, as available at motorbike-part-traders and then you fit the new one.
DKW F 102 1965
DKW NZ 350-1 1945
DKW KL C100/C1 Funkwuerfel 1943
DKW GG400 Funkwuerfel
thomas591
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by thomas591 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:16 am

I agree to what Wilhelm wrote above. When I started to restore my NZ350-43. There was no homepage, no good documentation etc. etc.

As a newby, I went to a meeting of the German DKW club and I was shocked to see how unoriginal the bike were then. Thankfully this has changed a lot due to this homepage.

Regards

Thomas
martdapp
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

Post by martdapp » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:58 pm

That would be the reason Thomas and Wilhelm.
It are parts from older "restaurations".
For example I have my NZ-1 since 1981 and restaurate it now for the second time. Why? Because I did a few "mistakes" in those years.
Usable parts where quick called original, and anyway, what was original and where could you find it? the Internet brought the solution.
Martin
martdapp
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

Post by martdapp » Sun May 02, 2010 9:43 pm

You wont believe it, but this very fine NZ 350-1 was sold at 25. Apr. 2010 on the German Ebay for only 4100,- Euro !
fischma11
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Post by fischma11 » Mon May 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Hello, I am the new owner of this NZ 350-1. :D I think it´s a really good bike.
It shows all the details of the NZ 350-1 and the parts are original.
It´s an older restauration, but with original painting under the restauration paintings. The original painting in "dunkelgelb" is a little bit brighter as shown in the photos.
The tank who was suspect in this thread, i think it´s original too, maybe from an earlier NZ 350-1.
It shows also the original painting inside the gas-cap hole in "dunkelgelb" and the brackets for the knee-protectors also looks original.
All in all it´s original with a few expections like:
the wiring
dkw badge
cover of the spulenkasten(looks new)
rubbers knee protectors
some screws

The technik like engine, gear unit, brakes and the electric (Lights,horn) works.
Finally i think it was good buy, and the total distance of 1500km to fetch this bike in Berlin has remunerated.

regards martin
fischma11
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Post by fischma11 » Tue May 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Hello, now i researched for the troop- badges on the bike.
The semicircle badge is from the 21. Panzer Division.
This badge is fitted on the front fender and on the side baggs.
The number 21 on the front fender stands in my oppinion for Panzer-Aufklärungsabteilung 21.
On the back of the two side baggs ist the general badge for Nachrichtenkompanie (mot.)
This fact is amazing, because it´s possible the bike was used in the end of the war 1944 in westfront and at the beginning of 1945 in ostfront.

regards martin
thomas591
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by thomas591 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:11 pm

I dont think that these markings are authentic. I have seen so many bikes with markings that make absolutely no sense.

Good luck with you new NZ

Thomas
martdapp
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

Post by martdapp » Tue May 04, 2010 11:26 pm

Hello Martin,
Congratulations with Your excellent buy!
I made a tip to a friend of mine who is searching a NZ to.
He resumed to follow the auktion, afterwarts he was suprised about the
price. I don't think that such an offer will pas in the future.
Regards,
Martin