Well, my bike arrived
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:38 pm
And Im both happy and disappointed. Turns out that the battery was corroded, and the positive cable had come off (from the battery). I spent a good half hour cleaning up the corrosion and removing the bad battery. I also noticed that the dipstick for the crank case was missing, leaving whatever to fall into the crank case (god hopes that there isnt anything in the crank case). I've also noticed that the bike is completely mismatched, with some of the serial numbers indicating late war parts, some indicating early war parts, and the rest could easily be Russian. I'll have to post pictures later, but my main goal is to try and aquire a new 6 volt battery, attach new contacts to the ones that I removed, and get this sucker started.