My RT 125-n.A, bought in 2005 in CZ, strange frame

Here all topics about the RT125 Wehrmacht model can be discussed

Moderator: Mods

voibrenna
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

My RT 125-n.A, bought in 2005 in CZ, strange frame

Post by voibrenna » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:28 am

Hi, these are pictures of my 1944 RT 125 n.A. before restauration...it came in lousy condition, but with all the essential parts like air cleaner...

The strange thing about this bike was the frame... according to frame number it seems to be a very early frame for test and racing purposes, but came with some military and also civilian features(mounting for toolbox, sidestand..)
Also the serialnumber did not match the type plate wich came with the bike..

kilinger
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Re: My RT 125-n.A, bought in 2005 in CZ, strange frame

Post by kilinger » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:17 pm

halo,

many RTs was build from old parts whitch was made on RT 1939. I have frame for RT -1 (1940 - 41) with iron engine. And engine and frame numbers are OK. It is stgange.

or my idea.... when bike became broken, WH repairmans change frame and motorbike was ready. (it is only my opinion)

or after-war repair........
voibrenna
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Re: My RT 125-n.A, bought in 2005 in CZ, strange frame

Post by voibrenna » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Hey,
according to the DKW Frame number list, this frame is very early and has been manufactured in 1935 for test and racing purposes....
only 800 digits have been made for this series...
I think it was an old stock at Zschopau wich has been used at the end of the war to get the last bikes on the road....
Frame, Engine unit, Fork and tank seemed to have been together, only front fende, headlight and some accessories have been spare parts from other bikes...
The frame was very heavily used, and seemed to have had some accidents....lots of work to get it sraight again...

The Frame number on the Plate wich came with the bike seems to be not documented in the DKW Frame number list, wich ends with number 643 000