Lower support for saddle bag - new type

Here you can post your want adds for NZ 350, 350-1 parts

Moderator: Mods

Arloff_NZ
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Lower support for saddle bag - new type

Post by Arloff_NZ » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:13 am

Does anybody have a spare set of the later type of the lower saddlebag (Tinbox) - support as shown in the parts section??? Even at e-bay nothing occured during the last two years (or I missed them ??) and none of the traders has any kind of repro...
Paul
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Bag Hangers

Post by Paul » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:02 am

If the below type are what you mean, I wish I had some too. Here are pics of an original rear fender with the brackets still attached that were sold on Ebay some years back. I wish I would have gotten them. I don't know why with all the other repro parts these can't be made also??

Paul

1945 DKW NZ 350-1
Arloff_NZ
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Post by Arloff_NZ » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:06 am

Bad news that even these pictures are from a secondary source as ebay and not taken from parts owned by a forum member... so there is no possibility for exact mesurement. If so we may find someone who is able to reproduce them. Basicly done by a CNC - laser cutting device it may by not a big effort ! But no chance without a speciem...

Keeping on serching ...
Rob Hickmott
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Post by Rob Hickmott » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi,

Any news on these brackets?
Thanks
Rob
Arloff_NZ
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Post by Arloff_NZ » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:56 pm

No... I tried to do a technical drawing on them but as there are only these photos above its not very good... at least not good enough to go to a company as no one would need bad repros... .
So...as long as no one gives a pair (or at least one) of original brackets as a speciem any further atempt is nonsense to me.

Thes bastard parts are the last parts missing for my -1 ...apart from bearings etc...

Jens
Paul
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Post by Paul » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:49 pm

I was looking on Mike Dunn's motorcycle webpage today. He has a '43 NZ350 for sale, and it looks like it has the later model brackets? I can't tell from the photo if they are original or repros. Mike can you tell? Has anyone started making reporductions? I still need a set.

http://www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com/dkw-nz350
Paul

1945 DKW NZ 350-1
mdunn
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Post by mdunn » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Paul wrote:I was looking on Mike Dunn's motorcycle webpage today. He has a '43 NZ350 for sale, and it looks like it has the later model brackets? I can't tell from the photo if they are original or repros. Mike can you tell? Has anyone started making reporductions? I still need a set.

http://www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com/dkw-nz350
paul,

Mine on the bike are originals and if someone wants to pay to have them reproduced I would like a set for loaning mine out. If you want to tackle this, let me know.

Mike

Mike Dunn
Vintage German Motorcycles
www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com
Wilhelm_Heidkamp
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Wilhelm_Heidkamp » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Sounds very good. We have a cycle in the German forum section as well which has installed these parts. Maybe this is easier for the most guys, as all the ones in need of that parts are sited in Europe (Of course only the ones who asked for it). But if the owner of the German bike denies, it would really be an option.
DKW F 102 1965
DKW NZ 350-1 1945
DKW KL C100/C1 Funkwuerfel 1943
DKW GG400 Funkwuerfel
mdunn
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Post by mdunn » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Wilhelm_Heidkamp wrote:Sounds very good. We have a cycle in the German forum section as well which has installed these parts. Maybe this is easier for the most guys, as all the ones in need of that parts are sited in Europe (Of course only the ones who asked for it). But if the owner of the German bike denies, it would really be an option.
Wilhelm,

I dont mine taking mine off it someone wants to make a reproduction of it?

Mike
Mike Dunn
Vintage German Motorcycles
www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com
Wilhelm_Heidkamp
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Wilhelm_Heidkamp » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Hello,

I`m waiting for alle the guys which asked for that parts and told us they have good connections to sheet metal forming companies. I don`t have.

I don`t think anyone can do this at home, did you notice the little corrugation to stop the part from being deformed while being used?
One will need a deep-drawing machine to do this exactly. So the best thing would be to make a cast taken from the part and then to ask for reproduction at a company.

Thank you for your offer, mdunn. Where are the ones who can reproduce the part?

For the ones who did not found it yet, here`s the guy who owns the parts at the german forum:

viewtopic.php?p=2912#2912
DKW F 102 1965
DKW NZ 350-1 1945
DKW KL C100/C1 Funkwuerfel 1943
DKW GG400 Funkwuerfel
Paul
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Post by Paul » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:10 am

That may be a good idea, to at least make casts of the parts until someone can be found that can CNC or fabricate them. I know there is a need for these parts. I wish I could do something with it, but my current location and situation precludes me from helping out. I don't think shipping them to Afghanistan would be such a good idea.
Paul

1945 DKW NZ 350-1
thomas591
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by thomas591 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi Paul,

thats a very lame excuse...why dont you try to convice a local blacksmith?

Best regards

Thomas :lol: