About the site and your ideas

Moderator: Mods

thomas591
Site Admin
Site Admin

How to upload Picture to the forum

Post by thomas591 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:29 am

OK Folks,

let me enlighten you. First, I have to apologise for the technical issues, but Nikola and me (specially me) need some time to find the in and outs of the new bb-Engine.

About picture upload:

1. You have to be a member of the group "DKW NZ Owners". You can join this group by applying to me or Nikola. Why are we doing this? We would like to limit the TRaffic by allowing only trusted members of the Group to upload. So when you are in doubt about your group membership ask!

2. How to upload: After you have joined the group "DKW NZ Owners" you will be able to upload a file. The block "File upload" will we visible immediately under the field were you enter your message. Please remember to resize the picture, so that it can be displayed properly in your message.

Hope that was clear, if not: Ask! :?

Regards

Thomas
Best regards - freundlichste Grüße

Thomas
Nikola D. Dimitrov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to upload Picture to the forum

Post by Nikola D. Dimitrov » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:58 am

Dear friends,

First of all, let me wholeheartedly thank you for your support and understanding. We have been working on the forum lately, updating the whole thing to the latest standard. This includes finding better way of uploading images and image management.

Regarding this, we have a group in the forum - DKW NZ Owners, where proven users of the forum are added. This group has the right to upload pictures as well. Current members of the group are marked with their usernames in the forum being green. This is an open group, though members must apply to join. In order to join this group you must request membership and be approved by a Group Moderator. Membership requests are open to all and there are no preconditions whatsoever, apart, obviously, from the fact that the user applying should be an active user of the forum (i.e. more than 3 posts). We are rather liberal concerning these rules, so please do not hesitate to apply.

How to upload pictures in the forum?

There are two different ways of image uploading:

1. Members of the NZ Owners group have a field under the replay to topic page, where they may directly upload a file and post at the bottom of the current topic. The image will not be cropped (as you may see in image upload-01.png), so please bear this in mind when adding large files.

2. I also created a Gallery to the forum, available from the button on the top, next to FAQ. The Gallery offers more possibilities to the user, including private folders and general Image Albums, to which all users may move their pictures.

To view the possibilities of the Gallery, I just created a personal album for members 12345caravan, martdapp and Nech - go to your User Control Panel and there you will find Gallery in Options - Manage personal albums will allow you to upload pictures.

I will create such personal album for each new member of the NZ Owners group.

If you want to link an image from your personal album, you open the page of the image (let's say this one: gallery/image_page.php?album_id=5&image_id=10) and there you will find under the image the Details. From there you simply copy the first Image BBCode and paste it to your thread in the other part of the forum:

Code: Select all

[album]10[/album]
will give you this:

As you see the thumbnail may be placed everywhere in the post, unlike the simple attachment, which goes to the bottom. EDIT: If you want to put the uploaded image somewhere in your text and not at the very bottom of the text, you should use Place inline button, once you have uploaded the file:
upload-01.png
In the Gallery we may also create general albums covering different parts of the NZ and collecting there our images. For the time being we have one Album
titled DKW NZ 350.

The possibility of commenting each picture also exists, feel free to use it.

In case of any problems or issues please create a topic in the DKW NZ 350 Website part of this forum, asking for help. I will be glad to assist you.

Best,
Nikola
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DKW NZ 350 Website & Forum Administrator.