About the site and your ideas

Moderator: Mods

Nikola D. Dimitrov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum News - anti-spam MODs installed

Post by Nikola D. Dimitrov » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:35 pm

Hi,

I've installed few modifications to the forum altering the structure in a way to prevent different spam bots to register & post spam topics. And indeed - in past few days there's no spam action on the forums. I hope it will stay like this.

Modification of the forum is a tricky thing though. I already noticed few bugs* and fixed them, but if you find more - please post it in this topic!

Thank you!

* from not being able to post at all :) to not being able to change the default skin
DKW NZ 350 Website & Forum Administrator.
Nikola D. Dimitrov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Nikola D. Dimitrov » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:11 pm

We are again under SPAM attack! I will do my best to find out where the problem is and stop this! Meanwhile please do not open any links posted and excuse us for these nasty posts.

Our website is not responsible for the content of external internet sites, posted on this forum.

I am sorry for the inconvenience!

Nikola
Nikola D. Dimitrov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Nikola D. Dimitrov » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:15 pm

Forum News: 08.02.2006 - Enhanced phpbb.com Security Modification installed.

disable spambots
MOD Description: This mod uses cryptographic signing techniques to ensure that any comment submissions have occurred from an appropriate comment form (stopping simple random-submission bots), that the form was actually generated for the user who is submitting (stopping clusters of page-scraping spiders), and that at least 5 seconds have passed between the form generation and the submission (stopping bots which fully scrape the page and then immediately submit). If one of these conditions is not met, the submit operation is turned into a preview, giving human posters another chance to submit.

User Comments: Since implementing this mod, my forum has only gotten two spams posted to it, and both were manually posted by a human. Countless thousands of spams were blocked.

I hope this will put an end to the spam posts.

Nikola
Last edited by Nikola D. Dimitrov on Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikola D. Dimitrov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Nikola D. Dimitrov » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:43 pm

Forum News: 11.02.2006 - The "disable spambots" MOD proved to be insufficient, therefore two more phpbb.com Security Modifications installed today:

AntiSpam Mod
MOD Description: Protects your forum from automatically dispatched spam

Easy BotStopper
MOD Description: This is a simple program to stop spam bot registrations.

I hope this will prevent future spam attacks.

Nikola