Site news - Content Management System installed!

About the site and your ideas

Moderator: Mods

Nikola D. Dimitrov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Site news - Content Management System installed!

Post by Nikola D. Dimitrov » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:09 pm

There's a lot going on here recently!

The site is organized on a brand new principle - all the content is now managed online through a content management system. The system allows us to duplicate the site in German language, which you probably noticed already from the welcoming page. The German version is not fully expanded yet, I hope it will be ready in the next few days.

We are now beta testing the system, so I invite you all to report any problems you notice with the site! Be so kind and have a little patience - we work hard to have the site full in both language versions in the near future.

Nikola
DKW NZ 350 Website & Forum Administrator.
Paul
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Post by Paul » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:11 pm

Nikola, I'm glad now our German friends can search the site in there native language. :) But I have had acouple problems. When I log on to the English site, and click on Owners or 350-1 those pages come up in German and not English. Also as I scroll down the pages, they seem to pull almost like the pages can't refresh themselves fast enough and everthing blurs (It's kind of hard to explain) :? besides that keep up the good work and thanks for waht you do.

Paul
Paul

1945 DKW NZ 350-1
thomas591
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by thomas591 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:21 am

Hi Paul,

I can not confirm this problem. Please try to flush the cache of your browser. Here on my computer all is correctly displayed, in the correct language.

Best regards and Merry Christmas

Thomas
Paul
Tool Cleaner
Tool Cleaner

Site still having problems

Post by Paul » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:34 pm

I am still having alot of problems with the site. The start page is in English, but everypage following is in German. Not that I dislike German, :? but there are new topics being posted I can't read. Also it still blurs when I scroll up and down. I have been on the site on different computers with the same effect.
Paul

1945 DKW NZ 350-1
Nikola D. Dimitrov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Nikola D. Dimitrov » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:57 pm

Hi Paul,

I know about the problem with the language selector index page. I don't know what's the problem, I'll ask in the forum of the CMS. Normally every page of our site has a Select language button, you may switch the languages from there and it works. The problem is just with the index. Once you switch from inside it stays in the selected language. I will fix this ASAP.

About the second problem - I really don't know about this. I've tested the site on every possible machine here, incl Mac & Linux, on every possible browser and screen resolution. I don't have this problem. Is it blurring just when you scroll or once scrolled it stays blurred?

Nikola
thomas591
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by thomas591 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:53 pm

Hi Paul,

has your problem about the "refresh" of some pages been cured?

I am curious, because Nikola is trying to fix this problem. :lol:

Regards

Thomas
Nikola D. Dimitrov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Nikola D. Dimitrov » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:31 pm

I still find the blur problem somewhat obscure. It may be caused in Internet Explorer if you try to scroll down the pages while they load, but are not completely loaded yet.

I will be glad if I receive more feedback, as I do not have this Problem and it's like shooting in the dark, when I try to fix it without knowing what should I actually fix.

:)

A good start will be if you mention the browser in use, does the problem occur just while scrolling, nice will be if you post/send me some screenshots.

Nikola
Nikola D. Dimitrov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Nikola D. Dimitrov » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:33 pm

Hi,

If you have the "refresh" problem while scrolling the site and you use Internet Explorer browser, try the following:

Click the Advanced tab in the Properties menu of the browser, and then click the Use Smooth Scrolling check box to clear it.

Internet Explorer uses smooth scrolling by default. This option may be the cause of the problem so turn it off and note if you still have problems with the site. I'll be glad if you post your feedback here.

Regards
Nikola